RETURNING TO SCHOOL AT ALERT LEVEL 2
MONDAY 31 AUGUST
Tēnā koutou e te whānau,
We return to school at Alert Level 2 on Monday 31 August. The Ministry of Education has confirmed that under Alert Level 2, schools are safe environments for children, young people and staff. We therefore welcome all students back to Sir Edmund Hillary Collegiate.
Covid-19 is still a very real concern for our community. Please remember that the Public Health Service requires all children who are unwell or displaying symptoms of illness, must stay home. Unwell students will not be allowed to attend school and will be sent home immediately. Physical distancing remains a priority coupled with good hygiene practices (no spitting, coughing/sneezing into your elbow and regular handwashing). Hand sanitiser is available in all classrooms and the Collegiate is cleaned every day.
Please note the following important changes to the Collegiate’s operation at Alert Level 2.
- Visitors to the Collegiate will be kept to a minimum and are for essential services only. Visitors will need to scan our QR code upon entry.
- No parents/caregivers are to be in the Collegiate. Parents/caregivers are to drop children at the gate in the morning and the same for the afternoon collection.
- Gates will be locked in the morning at 9am. Entry to school outside of this time requires the family to call the school in advance.
- Please check with your child’s school for any changes to their start and finishing times.
- The school canteen will be open but operating times have changed.
- Students who have borrowed school devices will need to return these immediately on the first day. Please ensure this is a priority. Devices at home means no devices for students in class.
The effect of Covid-19 will be long lasting and we are trying to minimise the risk for all our school community. Your adherence to our daily protocols makes it safer for our students and staff. This will be our new normal and your support of our ‘normal’ ensures the wellbeing for all. Thank you for following our stringent Covid-19 protocols and making learning a priority for your child.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU BRIGHT AND EARLY ON MONDAY 31ST AUGUST
Kia haumaru, Kia manaakitanga,
Kallie Ngakuru | John Shearer | Kiri Turketo – Principals Sir Edmund Hillary Collegiate